I’m a Software Engineer, working in PHP and MySQL. In addition to adding functionality and fixing problems in our current software platform, I am helping to rebuild the platform in Laravel. I have also rebuilt and continue to maintain and refine our trade-in website in WordPress.
I have over 15 years of professional experience. Before becoming a web developer, I most recently led a team of 20 to implement projects that improved laboratory biosafety and biosecurity practices in high containment labs across the globe. In 2014, the team received a 70% increase in funding, due in large part to our continued focus on serving the client and the in-country partners we worked with.
I also have a number of hobbies, including writing, knitting, and crochet. Most importantly, I have the cutest dog on the planet. [Needs citation]
- GPA: 3.9
- Minor in physics
- Completed audit while treasurer of medieval history re-enactment club
- Courses in Welsh and Mandarin Chinese
- Lived in Russian and Mandarin foreign language housing
- GPA: 3.65
- Intro to iOS programming
- Project management
- Microsoft Project
- Web usability and design
- Accessible web design
- Converting PHP/MySQL platform into Laravel.
- Rebuilt trade-in website using WordPress.
- Maintain existing code base, including adding new functionality as well as bug fixes.
- Developed a PHP/MySQL module for a CMS using an MVC pattern to improve collaboration and manage project schedules across multiple organizations.
- Converted a ColdFusion website into PHP/MySQL.
- Worked with web design firms on the redesign of a website, including laying out the technical and content requirements and ensuring client satisfaction with the final product.
- Assisted friends in customizing and troubleshooting WordPress installations.
- Ran a Harry Potter fan website, including developing a custom theme for the Simple Machines Forum and developing a Sorting Hat quiz and a House Cup addition.
- Managed multiple projects throughout the project life-cycle, ensuring the projects met the client’s expectations, were on time, and were under budget.
- Trained new hires, including four that were promoted to management positions.
- Grew program from its start to a budget of $14 million.
- Received CRDF Global Special Achievement Award five times.
- Developed systems to track program activities and budgets and to report on multiple programs quarterly, using information from multiple internal systems.
Sep. 2015 - Present
Aug. 2012 - May 2015
Jan. 2009 - Aug. 2012
Jan. 2007 - Jan. 2009
Sept. 2004 - Jan. 2007
Apr. 2003 - Sept. 2004
Mar. 2002 - Apr. 2003
Mar. 2001 - Mar. 2002